SC1200 and framebuffer under 2.4.22 without having vga-bios or VSA-bios is up

gizara gizara at cox.net
Tue Oct 14 11:11:01 CEST 2003

Congratulations, Bernd!

In about a month or so, when we get our hardware in-hand, we'd like to do
something like this also.

We may eventually wish to migrate to kernal 2.6 shortly thereafter.

Having just started on this, I have downloaded the source tree as directed
by:

http://www.linuxbios.org/faq/

(scrolling all the way down to...)
How do I set GEODE video?
>From christer at weinigel.se Wed Nov 27 07:47:17 2002

"...look at the freebios/src/mainboard/nano/nano
directory and make a copy of it..."

Which looks mostly complete, although it sounds like you may recently have
gone a bit further.

"Alan Cox' 2.5 kernel also has support for doing DMA on the SC1200 IDE"

which may may benefit our application...

So if you will, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!
Andy