awakening noop

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Sat Oct 25 15:06:00 CEST 2003

Stefan Reinauer <stepan at suse.de> writes:

> Haven't seen these in a while, but they are back with the latest romcc
> release:
>
> apic.h:100.1: auto.c:123.19: auto.c:197.30: 0x735c00 noop Internal compiler
> warning: awakening noop?
>
> apic.h:100.1: auto.c:129.19: auto.c:197.30: 0x736b90 noop Internal compiler
> warning: awakening noop?
>
> Don't think they're saying anything else but that a dead subtree was
> detected in the code?

Pretty much.

These are actually comming from a slightly different path than
the previous ones and I don't think these are an error.  And
it has never been an error on the face of it.  However something
about the root cause last time was actually an error elsewhere
in the compiler and when I fixed that I managed to get -O2 to work.

So I decided to warn about them because I'm paranoid.

Eric