Support for Boser crusoe board?

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Sat Oct 25 15:44:01 CEST 2003

* Hubert Denkmair <hubert at denkmair.de> [031025 21:14]:
> 00:00.0 Host bridge: Transmeta Corporation LongRun Northbridge
> 00:00.1 RAM memory: Transmeta Corporation SDRAM controller
> 00:00.2 RAM memory: Transmeta Corporation BIOS scratchpad
> ---
>
> Are there chances that this board will work with linuxbios?
> If yes, what do I have to do to get it working?

There is no support for Transmeta based systems in LinuxBIOS yet, but
from what I heard, they hardcode memory values for the first little
blocks so you already have ram available when you initialize the whole
amount of ram. Otoh, it might be tricky to get the code morphing stuff
right without Transmeta's IP.

Does anyone have Transmeta's datasheets or some clue how hard it would
be to get this done?

   Stefan

--
     Stefan Reinauer, SUSE LINUX AG