filo on Tyan s2880

SONE Takeshi ts1 at tsn.or.jp
Thu Oct 30 12:43:00 CET 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 09:49:49AM -0800, YhLu wrote:
> What is the FIFO URL and the status?
> Is it some kind payload for LinuxBIOS?

FILO loads vmlinuz and ELF kernel from filesystem (like ext2)
on the local IDE hard disk, CD-ROM, CompactFlash, or ROM.
It's working well on my EPIA, and also reported to work with
K8 based boards including Tyan's.

See this for details: http://te.to/~ts1/filo/

My plan is to add support for configuration file, so the default kernel
location and parameters will no longer be hard coded in the Flash, and
Stephan told me maybe he can support this config file in the future
releases of SuSE installation CDs.

--
Takeshi