ATI rage xl.init

Stefan Reinauer stepan at
Tue Apr 13 09:07:00 CEST 2004

* ron minnich <rminnich at> [040413 16:06]:
> I might just need it for Plan 9 :-)
> So, much as I always disliked the idea of loading SCSI firmware, I might
> want it now :-(

SCSI firmware imho really belongs on the SCSI controller you put in. At
least as long as we don't live in a world of perfect, intelligent and
self-initializing hardware, this is the way of smallest trouble if we
don't want to lock potential customers/users away. For onboard hardware
this means we want a minimal set of drivers in LinuxBIOS, unfortunately.