答复: Etherboot 5.2.4 + btext console + filo patch

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Apr 26 21:12:00 CEST 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, YhLu wrote:

> Do you need to create contrib or payload dir to put such kind of patch.

I think this has come up. I hate like heck to think about putting a fork
of Etherboot in the linuxbios tree. It just seems like a bad idea.

I think we need to figure out what about it Etherboot group might not
like, and try to resolve it.

This is a conflict resolution step we try (and do not always succeed) to
apply in this group. Sometimes, we just proceed without resolving the
disagreement, but that is obviously not desirable.

Filo is a different situation, as it has no real home and I don't think
Takeshita would object if Filo was in a contrib part of the linuxbios
tree.

comments anyone?

ron