Boot PC from Compact Flash

manisha s cdac_manisha at
Wed Apr 28 00:04:01 CEST 2004

Hi All,
I m new to this mailing list.

I want to boot my laptop from 128Mb Compact Flash(CF)
On laptop i have already RedHat 9 with kernel version

I downloaded the pebble linux distribution and
successsfully downloaded (wrote) this on to the CF.

The CF card is available as /dev/sdb on the linux
through CF card reader/writer.

I changed /etc/grub.conf file so as to include the CF

title Pebble(Pebble)
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /mnt/pebble/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-pebble
ro root=/dev/sdb1
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.22)
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22  ro root=/dev/hda2
        initrd /boot/initrd-2.4.22.img

should i copy the vmlinuz-2.4.22-pebble to /boot
should i change other than this?

plz shed some light on this issue?

Thanks in advance

Do you Yahoo!?