LinuxBIOS Video?

Hendricks David W. dwh at lanl.gov
Wed Apr 28 15:37:27 CEST 2004

It's a bit sketchy at the time. Right now we can use ATi embedded devices
(Rage XL) pretty well, some older stuff like on the SiS630, and EPIA
whatever. But for newer stuff like GeForce cards, we have had to toggle
some IORRs and stuff and run the VGABIOS after Linux is booted. From here,
framebuffering can be used for console display and X can run fully
accelerated in AGP8x with fast writes and side band addressing. This has
only been tested by us on the Tyan S2885.