Opteron / Tyan motherboard fault on boot.

Dave Belfer-Shevett dbs at stonekeep.com
Thu Aug 19 16:30:01 CEST 2004

We're in the process of deploying Linuxbios to boot a cluster of Opteron
based blade servers.  I built a new kernel, put it in /tftpboot after

mkelf-linux --rootdir=rom --ip=rom ./bzImage > vmlinuz.tyan

and cycled the blade.  Wen booting, I get:

Searching for server (DHCP)
Me:, Server:, Gateway

LinuxBIOS- [date date] starting...
Unknown Trwt

Looking at an old message to this list, there's this snippet:

where the following line(s) are, in set_Trwt()...
        if ((clocks < DTH_TRWT_MIN) || (clocks > DTH_TRWT_MAX)) {
                die("Unknown Trwt");

What is this, and why is it happening?  Is there a patch needed for LinuxBIOS
to work properly on modern Opterons?

Thanks, I'm in dire straights here, any help would be appreciated.

Dave Belfer-Shevett \  Conference Management Solutions \ Stonekeep
dbs at stonekeep.com    \    http://www.stonekeep.com      \ Consulting