Opteron / Tyan motherboard fault on boot.

Dave Belfer-Shevett dbs at stonekeep.com
Fri Aug 20 09:22:01 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 19:29, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> > mkelf-linux --rootdir=rom --ip=rom ./bzImage > vmlinuz.tyan
> This is your first problem.
>
> mkelf-linux does not know how to bypass the BIOS calls so
> it will not work under LinuxBIOS.

Ahhhh.

> Please get mkelfImage 2.5
> ftp://ftp.lnxi.com/pub/mkelfImage.

Done, compiled, and installed.  I'm a little worried here though:

./mkelfImage --kernel=/tftpboot/bzImage
--output=/tftpboot/vmlinuz-2.tyan

When I do a 'file' on the new image, I see:

/tftpbot/vmlinuz-2.tyan: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version
1 (SYSV), statically linked, corrupted section header size

This image (bzImage) is an Opteron compiled kernel, which should be 64
bit, unless there's no real difference in the elf header.

Sorry if this is sounding pretty whiny - I'm under a lot of pressure to
get this all going :)

BTW - if folks are live and have suggestions, -please- feel free to IM
me:

AIM: 	bostonshayde
Jabber: dbs at jabber.stonekeep.com
irc.freenode.net: shayde

	-dbs

--
Dave Belfer-Shevett \  Conference Management Solutions \ Stonekeep