Panasonic CF-25LJM8EAM Toughbook - what are the chances?

Bari Ari bari at
Sat Aug 21 03:06:00 CEST 2004

Miernik wrote:

> Bari Ari <bari at> wrote:
>>Miernik wrote:
>>>I bought a Pansonic CF-25LJM8EAM notebook.
>>>All important chips on the mainboard are listed here:
>>>Bari, can you spot which one is the "keyboard controller" which you
>>>said is usually the critical problem on getting LinuxBIOS to a laptop?

It may not be a problem. It all depends on if they use the controller
for enabling writes to Flash. See how far you can get with replacing the

> In the URL above I have a list of all significantly-looking chips on
> the board. Can you spot anything which might be the keyboard
> controller?
| Mitsubishi
| M38867E8AHP
| IM   842A101

Probably this 8-bit micro is used.

Off topic - the Toughbooks had great cases. I recall someone testing one
a few years ago by shooting it at a basketball hoop and it landing on
concrete and it still ran fine.