help with new motherboard Soyo 6BA+

Jeremy Jackson jerj at coplanar.net
Tue Aug 24 11:56:01 CEST 2004

ron minnich wrote:
> cool, tell us more about this mobo, and send me patches for it.
Superio is it8671f, which is different from digitallogic/smartcore-p3

Well, I can netboot Linux or memetest86 using etherboot.  Intel e100.
Linux can mount root from an IDE CD-ROM, but the network card(s) don't
work, so no NFS root.  Manual ifconfig doesn't help.  The cards can
send, but don't seem to recieve.  I suspect they're not getting interrupts.

(none):~# cat /proc/interrupts
            CPU0
   0:      65294          XT-PIC  timer
   1:          0          XT-PIC  keyboard
   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
   4:        869          XT-PIC  serial
   5:          0          XT-PIC  eth0
  14:       2271          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0
LOC:      65255
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

Included is linuxbios, Linux output, and lspci -v and -vv for NIC.

--
Jeremy Jackson
Coplanar Networks