VGA Problem about 440bx chipset

Chiu Gerald snow2moutain at
Tue Aug 31 09:10:01 CEST 2004

 I run linuxbios on a 440bx chipset mainboard using adlo+bochs,I can boot
linux but still havn't started up the vga.
 what should I do if I want to bring up the vga card?
 I found the work done about vga are:
 (1) allocate_vga_resource() in newpci.c
   enbale io/mem of the vga adapter
   then walk up the bridges setting the VGA enable
 (2) copy the vga bios to 0xc0000 using adlo,and run bochs bios.
  I'm not sure if it had initilized the vga controller enough.
  And I found there are some registers about AGP from 440bx northbridge
datasheet ( 82443bx hostbridge/controller),such as AGP capability
identifier register,AGP command register,AGP status register...
But this work hadn't been done in linuxbios,maybe I need to set these
registers correctly according to the datasheet to enable AGP?

免费下载 MSN Explorer: