zhu shi song zhushisongzhu at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 4 07:23:01 CET 2004

The factory bios of my MB has "power fail restore"
option and I set it to enable.  The MB has the same
problem as linuxbios does.  When linux is booting
without console prompt, unplug power supply and plug
again, MB will boot automatically without press power
button.  But if linux has console prompt and I can
login the system, at this time I unplug power supply
and plug again, MB will not boot. I must press the
power button.  It seems that linux has done something
to disable the function.

--- "Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich at lanl.gov> wrote:

> you can take a look at that the arima hdama code
> does for this. It is all
> motherboard-specific, I guess ... not sure in all
> cases.
> ron

Do you Yahoo!?