Handling interrupt routing cleanly...

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Mon Feb 2 09:55:01 CET 2004

* Eric W. Biederman <ebiederman at lnxi.com> [040202 08:38]:
> > I don't read the LinuxBIOS table yet, but support should be easy to
> > implement. OpenBIOS has been running on LinuxBIOS and grub on x86 and
> > amd64. It can also be used in MacOnLinux (MOL) to boot macos and Linux.
>
> Cool so you are getting close.

Indeed. Nonetheless some things are missing:

 * there is no interrupt handling code doing the things you described
 * the ide driver is not fully working yet
 * boot support is incomplete on x86 and amd64
 * there is no pci driver/device node yet
 * there is no linuxbios table parsing yet
 * lots of things with less priority

> > Find the latest tree on bitkeeper:
> >
> >         bk clone bk://openbios.bkbits.net/unstable
>
> Is there any other way.  I'm not allowed to use the free
> version of bk.

I've enabled a snapshot to be created every 4h at
http://www.openbios.org/snapshots/ for now. There will probably be an
arch repository for openbios soon.

Stefan

--