[Fwd: Re: OpenFirmware and interrupt-map]

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Feb 3 21:30:01 CET 2004

ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Tarl Neustaedter wrote:
> > I can believe it. My task right now is to determine if LinuxBIOS
> > is feasible, and if so, at what size. We have some flexibility in that
> > we design our own boards, so if we  can justify a large PROM, we
> > could get it in. Better if we can fit it in a 1MB prom, however.
>
> ow. ow. ow. Not with Infiniband, at least not yet ...

I can believe that reflects anything but the poor quality of the IB
stack and IB drivers.

Rom how big are the drivers you are using.  And how big is
that with compression?

> Is the price difference really that big?

It is difficult to obtain larger than 1 megabyte.  2 Megabyte parts
are advertised but they are difficult to get.  And multiple parts
lead to more complexity.

Eric