OpenFirmware and interrupt-map

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Feb 4 14:29:01 CET 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Kevin O'Connor wrote:

> Frankly, if I had any pull with manufactures or vendors, I'd try to
> convince them to avoid option roms instead of trying to convince them to
> support a different option rom format.

True. But vendors often hide hardware bug fixes in option roms.

Just FYI, we just now got an Nvidia agp card to initialize and work much
better with the emulator, in the agp slot, on the tyan s2885. We get the
little nvidia startup message, and then the vga console works.

We have a bit of fixup to do now in linuxbios for the things we found,
including some MTRR and northbridge stuff. But it is nice to see it
getting that far.

ron