OpenFirmware and interrupt-map

YhLu YhLu at tyan.com
Wed Feb 4 20:25:01 CET 2004

SCSI card option rom may do several thing:
1. download FW from other address in the Option rom or BIOS into SCSI
Controller, then start the controller.
2. Booting OS from SCSI disk.

Some SCSI addon card has another EEPROM for FW, and the controller will work
after power is on.

For onboard SCSI, may spare that EEPROM and need option rom to download fw
into it.

The other thing for Option ROM is providing booting from SCSI disk or CDROM.

If the System is boot from Network or other media, You may don't need this
booting feature.

Actually the FW download and controller starting can be done by Linux kernel
driver.

YH.