vga emulator new version

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Feb 4 22:21:00 CET 2004

On 4 Feb 2004, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> > This won't work on K8 systems minus some hacks, due to K8 differences,
> > contact me if interested.
>
> This will or won't work on K8 systems?

What we've found so far:
- K8 mtrr settings are incorrect for the fixed MTRRs for VGA.
  There are extension bits that are more or less random that we need to
  fix in linuxbios.
- Previously mentioned routing stuff needs to be set in the K8 northbridge
- GART table settings are not correct, so GART is not yet there.

But we're still pretty close. We have shell scripts and a quick hack to
linuxbios and the cards are *almost* there. Once we get all the bits, we
can start to get linuxbios set up correctly.

ron