ATI gets a clue.

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Feb 9 18:49:00 CET 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Hendricks David W. wrote:

> We don't need to with nVidia, we can run their VGA BIOS using testbios.
>
> Though in the perfect world, they'd be more forthcoming with specs so that
> someone can make an LB port for their nForce boards.

We'll have to see how big this all gets. The one good thing about running
the BIOS on the board is that linuxbios doesn't get too big, i.e you don't
need code in linuxbios to initiate a particular board. The size is the
emulator code -- no more. If we put in code for every card, how big will
it get? How big is the ATI Radeon code?

I still like this a lot, however. Certainly for boards with ATI glued on
this is a huge win.

ron