spam - was: stdarg.h and -nostdinc

tyson at irobot.com tyson at irobot.com
Wed Feb 11 13:28:00 CET 2004

Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 12:45:32PM -0500, Tarl Neustaedter wrote:
>
>>More likely reflex; posting to the general list leaves your
>>email address exposed on the web for spammers to find and add
>>to their lists. The ~130 spams I receive every day have
>>sharpened my reflexes into almost never sending emails
>>to public aliases.
>

> Start using statistical spam filters. I use bogofilter and dropped the
> daily spam count from close to the hundreds to one or two!
>
> I trained it with 200+ MB of spam and ~2GB of ham when I started out
> though, so it may take a while for anyone starting out fresh to get those
> results, I like it a lot just the same! :)
>
> For Windows clients, there's K9 (keir.net/k9.html) which is a POP proxy
> implementing the same algoritm as bogofilter.

I probably shouldn't expand this off-topic thread, but oh well...

Filters don't help those of us on dial-up connections.  It can take a
long time to download 100's of spams.

Ty

--
Tyson D Sawyer                     iRobot Corporation
Senior Systems Engineer            Government & Industrial Robotics