Testing linuxbios

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Mon Feb 23 10:04:01 CET 2004

Balint Cristian wrote:

> Hi !
>
> 	I played a little building up few images of linuxbios
> but i need to know if there is a way of test these images via
> floppy boot to not need every time to flash ?

BIOS is the first place x86 jumps to after reset (long before floppy
access since BIOS sets up the hardware in able to make a floppy access).
You can only test a BIOS by having it in Flash waiting to be accessed
when the x86 starts or by emulation. Emulating your exact hardware in
software like bochs is going to be more work than playing the shell game
with BIOS images in Flash.

-Bari