Puzzled. Help Please !

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Feb 25 17:18:00 CET 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Hendricks David W. wrote:

> Hmm, I used "file" on one of the rom images i built for the K8s and
> they also appear as ELFs. Wasn't there a problem with "file?"

yes there is sometimes a problem with file.

The issue is that the payload in linuxbios rom is an elfimage, so that the
first couple bytes of the romimage fool the file command.

This is why the idea of a 'file' command is suspect. In some OSes the file
type was a tag in the file metadata (inode to Unix types).

ron