Replacement for console level access on ALPHAs

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at
Thu Jan 22 15:18:00 CET 2004

ron minnich <rminnich at> writes:

> crack open those HP machines, and see if they are a supported mobo. My
> guess is they are serverworks chipset, which means no good thing, as
> serverworks absolutely refuses to help with linuxbios.

I would not say that serverworks is a lost cause.  But it
is quite true that no one has yet succeeded in getting
traction while working with them.

> Or send an lspci and we can see.

Given the number of heatsinks on important boards lspci
tends to be a better way of recognizing high level chips.