EPIA-M HW graphics slow under linuxbios

Dave Ashley linuxbios at xdr.com
Thu Jan 29 17:57:01 CET 2004

>Can you put your recent changes in a tarball instead of diff ?

The way to use the patch is to cvs co the freebios tree, then update it
to 2003/7/5, then apply the patch.

Freebios has evolved since I made all these changes. All I can say is
my freebios fork works perfectly fine for me :^). Whenever Ron asked for
patches or whatever I provided them, but they never got integrated I guess.
I don't have cvs write permissions nor would I have time to clean up my
patch anyway or bring it back into sync...Especially since freebios2 is
the way to go anyway in the future.

Ron always says he doesn't have an epia-m yet to work with, but when I
offer to send one he doesn't take me up on it :^).

I think my epia-m support is further along than the epia support anyway.
Last I checked epia didn't have a good composite/svideo video encoder,
there were awful color bands. I don't know why more people aren't demanding
the epia-m and giving up on epia. Oh well.

-Dave