Interesting HOWTO

Steven James pyro at
Sat Jan 31 21:58:00 CET 2004

I just got EHCI also :-)

I'm not sure it's all that necessary to support EHCI in firmware since any
USB 2.0 device is required to fall back if necessary. EHCI devices are
required to include a UHCI or OHCI companion device to handle 1.1 devices.
There's a bitmask to select which controls each port.

The USB boot over 1.1 only takes a second or 2 for a Linux kernel.
Given all that, the best bet is probably just set the ports to the
companion controller and support OHCI and UHCI.

-------------------------steven james, director of research, linux labs
... ........ ..... ....                    230 peachtree st nw ste 2701
the original linux labs                    30303
      -since 1995
                                   office 404.577.7747 fax 404.577.7743