freebios1 sis-kernel_patch for 2.6

Thomas Wehrspann thomas at wehrspann.de
Wed Jul 7 05:20:01 CEST 2004

Hi,

i'm still using the K7SEM Motherboard with DiskOnChip Milleniuim an LinuxBIOS.

Linux 2.6 has some features i need and want, so i ported parts of the latest
2.4 sis-kernel_patch and the ide-spinup.patch to the 2.6 kernel some time
ago.
I combined both patches into one.
I didn't port the SiSFB-Lite part of the SiS-Patch, because the SiS graphics
driver  in the kernel changed a lot.

The SiS framebuffer seems to work better with kernel 2.6 and linuxbios than it
was with kernel 2.4 and linuxbios. But i have to call the fbset utility first
after booting with linuxbios.
I do not have the knowledge to fix that.

Greetings
Thomas Wehrspann