Pentium-M with E7501 Chipset Implementation

YhLu YhLu at
Mon Jul 19 18:08:01 CEST 2004

You may need to copy 82801ER to 82801CA, and change device id to meet that
with CA.

From: Jay Nelson [mailto:jay.nelson at]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 2:57 PM
To: linuxbios at
Subject: Pentium-M with E7501 Chipset Implementation
   I am so pleased to find a freebios for Linux Im beside myself.
I have been researching freebios2 with the hope that I can use it for the
following configuration:
Intel Pentium-M (Dothan) 2MB L2 cache running at 1.8GHz
Intel E7501 chipset: MCH
                              P64H (82870P2)
                              ICH3 (82801CA)
Headless with RS232 mapped to a custom FPGA connected to the ICH3 PCI32 bus.

It appears that the Tyan platform S2735 is the closest match to my
The 82801CA is probably close enough to the 82801ER to work.
Any hints/thoughts on this project would be appreciated.
Jay Nelson
Principal Development Engineer