NEWBIE Question

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Tue Jul 20 09:54:01 CEST 2004

Adam Hunt wrote:

> I wasn't aware that the BX was supported.  That's great.  I have a
> 440BX based board that I would like to try LinuxBIOS on.  The board is
> an ABIT BE6-II.  I have included the output of lspci below.  Do you
> see any major obstacles in getting LB to run on my system?
>
> 0000:00:0b.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. IEEE 1394
> Host Controller (rev 46)
> 0000:00:13.0 Unknown mass storage controller: Triones Technologies,
> Inc. HPT366/368/370/370A/372 (rev 03)

As long as you don't want to boot from these devices you should be ok.

> 0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: 3Dfx Interactive, Inc. Voodoo 3 (rev 01)

This may be a problem.  None of the AGP registers in the Northbridge are
set.  Our board has onboard PCI video.

A bitworks/ims manboard config should boot to a payload easy assuming
you can program the flash.  Is the flash part socketed?

Also lspci dosen't show what SuperIO you have.  What superIO is on the
board?  You will have to have that setup correctly to get serial output.