Filo and cardbus (EPIA MII)

Larry Matter linuxbios at matter.net
Wed Jun 2 18:23:01 CEST 2004

I have an EPIA MII, which has an on-board CF adapter.  Unfortunately it is
not an IDE interface, but rather cardbus.

I know I could just buy a cheap CF-IDE adaptor, but it just seems a shame
that I can't boot from a CF card in that slot.

I was wondering how difficult it would be to add support to FILO to enable
that device and read from it.   I'm not familiar with device drivers, but
it seems to me that enough of the pieces of the puzzle are there (open
source drivers for the hardware, e.g. yenta socket) and that a solution
could be crafted.

Has anyone else considered it?

Thanks,
Larry Matter