Lex CV860A (was: The 'help me!' form on http://www.linuxbios.org/help/index.html is broken)

Erik Smit zoiah at zoiah.net
Thu Jun 3 11:20:01 CEST 2004

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 09:44:56AM -0600, ron minnich wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Erik Smit wrote:
>
> > Well, the EPIA has a vt8231 southbridge where this board has a vt82c686.
> > Won't this give problems?
>
> There used to be 8231 support. If think they are similar enough it could
> work.

I just tried to build freebios2/targets/via/epia by running
buildtarget on it and then running make. This is on the cvs of today. I
got the following error:

/opt/linuxbios/freebios2/src/arch/i386/boot/pirq_routing.c: In function `check_pirq_routing_table':
/opt/linuxbios/freebios2/src/arch/i386/boot/pirq_routing.c:21: error: assignment of read-only variable `intel_irq_routing_table'
/opt/linuxbios/freebios2/src/arch/i386/boot/pirq_routing.c:42: error: assignment of read-only member `checksum'
make[1]: *** [pirq_routing.o] Error 1

I just commented these two lines out since they only appear to be used
when something is broken. Then it compiled fine.

Then I flashed in the resulting linuxbios.bin using uniflash since
flash_and_burn doesn't support the AMIC A29002 chip on this board.

Still, after rebooting, nothing appears on the serial port. Can I
conclude from this that this board is not yet supported (out of the
box)?

Is there anything else I can try or maybe help debug the problem?

Regards,

Erik Smit