=?gb2312?b?tPC4tA==?=: [COMMIT] romcc 0.63 and some fixes...

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Jun 8 15:30:00 CEST 2004

YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> writes:

> I wonder it get bigger. Just change the print_debug to printo_debug.
>
> Because call printo_debug is bigger than inline print_debug, or the
> __attirbute__ (noinline) doesn't take effective.??

__attribute__ ((noinline)) is mandatory is it must take effect.

The best way to see the code difference is to diff the two
version of auto.inc

So it looks like something/somewhere gets bigger.  Possibly
the non-inline call does something really with the register allocation
and we get a lot of register shuffling going on.

I have not seen this case yet.  Tracking down this issue is a very
delicate operation.  Somewhere a heuristic sucks and is causing this.

Eric