cvs freebios locked?

John Usher (Maptek) John.Usher at perth.maptek.com.au
Mon Jun 14 23:09:00 CEST 2004

>Hello from Gregg C Levine
>Check your CVS command string. SF updated to a newer release of BIND,
>and it has a problem with the way the domains were arranged from the
>earlier versions. So it becomes like this:
>"#cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/freebios
>login" and then:

Yeah. I discovered that cvs.freebios.sourceforge.net does nothing but
time out for me.

>"#cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/freebios
>co modulename". (With out the quotes or pound marks. And the line wrap
>included by my mailer.)

The 'co' is working fine until it gets to that sis directory, so I've
got all the mainboard stuff etc down...

My command is equivalent to the above though I have CVSROOT set rather
than using the -d flag. However, I would expect it to not work at all if
wrong, not get half of it then complain about a lock on the repository.
Its obviously only meant to be a temporary lock as well, because cvs
retries every thirty seconds.

There is a specific user with the lock on the .../northsouthbridge/sis
directory, I just don't want to post it on here.

...john...