Has anyone heard about EPIA MII FastBoot ROM Utility? < GPL Issue

Adam Sulmicki adam at cfar.umd.edu
Wed Jun 16 15:26:01 CEST 2004

> I'm trying to boot from the CF reader on the VIA Epia platform. After
> reading forums and mailinglist this could be possible by the FastBoot
> Utility.
> http://downloads.viaarena.com/WinCE/Apr04/fastboot%20v2.01.zip
> But I was a bit surpriced what I found in there...
> grep linux `find` and look at the 'loader*.obj'-files.
> Can somebody confirm this is _not_ distributed GPL code as a binary?

fyi, you can get to this page from :

you can do:
	wget http://downloads.viaarena.com/WinCE/Apr04/fastboot%20v2.01.zip
	unzip fastboot%20v2.01.zip
  	strings */*/loader?.obj | grep -i linux

it gives you stuff like :

etc, etc.

also that http page mentioned above has contact info. perhaps something to
inquire at.