AMD64 emulators and other hardware based LinuxBIOS developing tools

Ken Fuchs kfuchs at winternet.com
Mon Jun 21 10:08:01 CEST 2004

I'm looking for a good/adequate tool for LinuxBIOS software
integration/development for dual Opteron mainboards.

The American Arium has recently added AMD64 support to their ECM-50
emulator.  I've heard that the ECM-50 is $11K plus $4K for AMD64
module and $1.5K for support for a total of $16.5K.  I've looked for
other AMD64 emulators, but didn't find any.  Are there cheaper AMD64
emulators?

Something less than an in-circuit emulator may suffice.  Maybe a bus
analyzer that simply filters and records bus signals on the mainboard.
The bus analyzed could be the processor bus, PCI bus, etc.

I'm looking for at least a POST card.  Maybe a POST card with extra
features.

I suppose even a processor adapter that allows processor pins to be
probed with a logic analyzer might do as well.

What hardware tools (emulators, bus analyzers, POST card, etc.) would
you recommend for LinuxBIOS integration/development for dual Opteron
mainboards?

------

Thank you Ron, YH and David for your comments concerning Nvidia CK8-04
support in LinuxBIOS!  It was/is most appreciated!

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs <kfuchs at winternet.com>