Serenade BIOS

Tony Cheng tony_cheng at pcmagic.net
Fri Jun 25 17:51:00 CEST 2004

Hi Ollie,

The Serenade BIOS I've got from CVS Server can not build. Do you see
this also?  The payload size of my binary is about 55k.

The error messages are as follow:

objcopy -O binary linuxbios_c linuxbios_payload.bin
./nrv2b e linuxbios_payload.bin linuxbios_payload.nrv2b
input/output = 67188/26767 = 2.510
cp linuxbios_payload.nrv2b linuxbios_payload
gcc -nostdlib -nostartfiles -static -o linuxbios -T ldscript.ld crt0.o
/usr/bin/ld: section .id [ffffffd8 -> ffffffef] overlaps section
.payload [ffff9750 -> ffffffe2]
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [linuxbios] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/root/dl/freebios2/targets/amd/serenade/serenade/fallback'
make: *** [fallback-rom] Error 1

Thanks

Tony