LinuxBIOS and Win2K

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Mon Jun 28 13:10:01 CEST 2004

Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> There are a few rough edges with ADLO currently.  (For some reason it
> has some motherboard specific code.)  So in doing a production
> deployment you will be breaking ground.

The motherboard specific code is to enable and disable the shadowing
control when ADLO copies itself and the vbios to RAM.  So to do this in
a generic manner LB would have to have to provide a payload with a
method of doing this.

If you got any ideas I might be able to scratch up some time to
implement them.  It would be for V1 though I don't do V2 yet.