Prefmem of bus 3

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Mon Mar 1 13:23:01 CET 2004

ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, YhLu wrote:
>
> > Have you ever tested myrinet card on K8 MB under LinuxBIOS?
>
> we have a 1408-node K8 machine with myrinet working under linuxbios, and a
> 256-node K8 machine working with linuxbios. Arima HDAMA mainboards.
>
> I wonder what's going on here, I have not had time to look in detail.

So the problem appears to be that the prefmem region on the upper bus
is to large.

I wonder if why this work on LANL clusters and not on others is the
result of code skew.

Lightning nodes with myrinet only seem to have one prefmem region.

Yet another reminder that I really need to finish syncing up the code bases.

Eric