Tyan Tomcat i845GL (S2098)

Edgar Lovecraft bios-list at cox.net
Thu Mar 11 23:08:01 CET 2004

I am not new to linux, just linuxBIOS :)
cool thing I think, thanks to all for making such a thing possible.
Now for my question....
I am looking to develop a linuxbios for the Tyan Tomcat i845GL (S2098) MB,
it uses the i845GL chipset.  I have seen some posts in the archives about
'do you support this yet' but did not find any conclusive answers.  I am
very willing to make this work if no else has, but I do need some pointers
(or would greatly appreciate them) to get started.  This board does have a
4MB flash so I would like to keep the BIOS in the BIOS (basically just be
able to boot and have all that I can cram in the space available).
As I said, I do have plenty of linux compile experience, and perhaps I am
being a little gun shy on this, but I really really do not want to go
and start makeing expensive paper weights.
So any and all comments/pointers/help would be greatly appreciated, as
would any pointers to 'best practices' and the such.
Thanks again in advance!

snipit from the Tyan spec sheet if any of this helps:
Processor
 • Single mPGA478 ZIF socket
 • Supports one Intel® Pentium® 4 processor or
    Celeron (mPGA478) processor
 • Onboard VRM (VRM 9.1 spec)
 • Front-Side Bus support for 400MHz

Chipset