All K8 builds now broken

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at
Mon Mar 22 21:43:01 CET 2004

ron minnich <rminnich at> writes:

> Sorry. Greg just found that nobody nowhere was setting a few crucial
> variables, like k8. He is tracking down the missing settings. You can too
> if you wish.

Would you please explain?

Is it this in the cpu part or something else?
cpu k8 "cpu0"
	register "up" = "{ .chip = &amd8131, .ht_width=16, .ht_speed=600 }"

It is a fact that we must setup the coherent HT domain before we can
read the static configuration in LinuxBIOS so setting the register
information in the configuration file is way to late to use.

> It's amazing how a simple problem has uncovered such a den of snakes, but
> that's the way it goes sometimes.

Details please?