two changes to make building EPIA work

Greg Watson gwatson at lanl.gov
Mon Mar 22 23:05:00 CET 2004

Close, but no banana.

The new rules for options are as follows:

1. Options declared as 'default none' and 'export always' MUST have a
value set or a default value assigned. Any options of this type that
are still undefined when processing of config files is finished will
result in a fatal error.

2. All options declared as 'export always' and those declared as
'export used' that have a value set, or the default value altered, will
result in an entry in Makefile.settings and ldoptions (for numeric
values only.)

3. The appropriate way to test for a variable is '#if VAR==0' or '#if
VAR==1'. Tests using '#ifdef VAR' or '#if defined(VAR)' may produced
incorrect results.

So far I've checked the epia and arima configurations and they build
ok. I'll check the others tomorrow before I commit the changes.

Regards,

Greg