Via EPIA-M serial output- problem fixed

Shawn Perkin shawnp at RUSSOUND.COM
Thu Mar 25 11:21:01 CET 2004

Hello All,

I figured out why I had no output on the serial port of my Via EPIA-M.

I am embarrassed to admit this, but I was not using a null modem cable
between both PC's. I want to thank the folks that offered help; I and
may have a few more questions down the line.

Once I get this project finished, I'm planning to put together a Web
site with FAQ and how-to documents for the Via EPIA-M motherboard. If
anyone would like to contribute information, tips, pitfalls, etc...
please email me at: shawn at or shawnp at

Best regards,