Epia-MII VGA not working ...

Mathieu Deschamps mdeschamps at mangrove-systems.com
Mon May 17 03:35:01 CEST 2004

well you can try to V2 but you'll see that VGA bios isn't as far
"worked" as it is in v1.
I'am not as far as you've gone, because you have this i don't:

INSTALL REAL-MODE IDT
DO THE VGA BIOS
found VGA: vid=1106, did=3122
write_protect_vgabios
0x55 0xaa 0x70 0xe9 0xfc 0x7f 0x8b 0x1b 0x34 0xde 0xca 0x83 0x0 0x0 0x0
0x0 bus/

in fact i'am still seeking the HOWTOs of this (even for V1) in maillist
and such, i've found some piece of info but nothing explaining what to
do like some sort of step by step experiment... that is why I was likely
to ask your way :) or your links to theses howto.

I know almost only V2, i've been working on V1 only a few weeks, then i
fork to V2 and still work mainly on it.
V2 is totaly refactored, romcc compiler is a central part. Probally the
harder as I felt, is to find the good combinaison of config option
corresponding to v1 ones. for example, if i'am not mistaken, v2 has no
IDT config option for VGA bios, thus making you wonder where to start
with V2 VGAbios. All that said, i found in V2 an answer to the need
of structure/architecture V1 spotted, and the source tree is a lot
"clearer" and  "close" solutions were incorporated ..

Also i think acpi isn't more worked on v2, i've read to deact. it
anytime i could as i done; but I'am not sure maybe some other people
won't confirm.

mathieu