status information

tyson at tyson at
Mon Nov 1 07:15:01 CET 2004

Li-Ta Lo wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 16:58, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
>>As for CF.  I guess I have only seen LANL doing that, and it
>>seems a little unsatisfactory.  There is no reason why beoboot
>>needs that much space for example.
> I bet there are a lot of people using CF in the embedded world, they
> can't use Etherboot to fetch the kernel from the net as you do. We
> should not only think about HPC applications. People in embedded
> market are in different enviroment and have different cost structure
> than you.

I haven't been following many linuxbios threads but this one caught my eye.

Though we are still using a very old version of Linuxbios and thus not
currently doing any development here :-( we do boot from a CF and the
ability to do so is very important.

Ollie is right, embedded usage patterns are VERY different from HPC.

Tyson D Sawyer                     iRobot Corporation
Lead Systems Engineer              Government & Industrial Robotics
tsawyer at                 Robots for the Real World
781-345-0200 ext 3329