FILO fixups

Dave Aubin daubin at actuality-systems.com
Mon Nov 1 14:15:00 CET 2004

Consider the redundancy aspect of it.  First try remote.
If that fails go local or vs versa.  Kinda like if mom is
Around listen to her, if she's not around well then think
For yourself;)

Consider embedded size aspect of it as well.  A kernel and
Initrd in my situation is about 4Meg.  On my local drive it
Is about half that.  Size costs more on my embedded local side.

I do like the versatility of etherboot having both local and
Net in one, but I totally understand why you'd want just filo
As the kernel can do the remote side.

There is also the error in filo where it can not handle an elf
With both a kernel and initrd.  It can only handle a kernel.
To use filo I had to pack it up with initramfs, i.e. one big kernel.
Etherboot remote boot doesn't have this problem.