[Freebios-cvs] freebios2/util/abuild abuild.sh,1.5,1.6

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Fri Nov 5 10:21:01 CET 2004

Stefan Reinauer wrote:

>>On powerpc we currently have 3 ports.  I have been concentrating on the
>>embeddedplanet ep405pc.  I have been able to coax it all the way
>>through the configuration process but I'm not certain how many of the things
>>I have done are just hacks at the moment.
>

> I've been looking at http://kegel.com/crosstool/ now and I'm waiting for
> a gcc 3.4.x for PPC 750 to finish. I'm not sure what target to build
> for, but it'll be ok for a try.

crosstool is the way to go.  It's really important in the ppc stuff to
get all the right patches to for a working setup.

There are many on the embedded lists I'm on who claim "real developers
build thier own toolchain" but also in those circles cross tool is
considered to be the defacto reference for building a working cross
toolchain.

--
Richard A. Smith