ppc targets

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Fri Nov 12 18:44:02 CET 2004

Greg Watson <g.watson at computer.org> writes:

> On Nov 11, 2004, at 7:27 PM, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
>
> > Stefan Reinauer <stepan at openbios.org> writes:
> >
> >> The ppc targets fail because of src/cpu/ppc/ppc4xx/mem.c
> >> struct mem_range is never ever defined. Is it struct lb_memory?!
> >
> > That is because of the big change where sizeram was removed.
> > I think the definition originally sat in src/include/mem.h
> > Which has been removed, because it is no longer used.
> >

> So where/how is this done now?

read_resources of an appropriate device now returns the information.

> What else has been changed?

Everything (short of interrupts) is now done through the device tree.
The static device tree now uses the same nodes as the dynamic device tree.

> It would be nice if a change like this was accompanied by a
> description of what has been done, particularly if targets are left
> for someone else to update.

It was not the intention to leave this for someone else to update.
The ppc ports were simply at the end of the list.  And beyond
that their structure does not much resemble the structure of
the other ports on x86.

Just glancing at the ppc code I have not seen an appropriate device
to attach the code to.

I was planning on looking into the powerpc code in the next couple of
days.  To see if I could sort this out.

Eric