Problem with AMD HDT setup for Tyan S2885 - LinuxBIOS debugging

Ken Fuchs kfuchs at winternet.com
Fri Nov 12 20:35:00 CET 2004

Ollie wrote:

>You must be using some parallel port without EPP mode. Go to the
>BIOS setup and configure it correctly.

Thanks for the suggestion.  However, I already had my parallel port set
to EPP in the BIOS of the host machine.

The solution for the S2885 was adding two three pin jumpers at J94 & J95
as suggested earlier by one of Tyan's engineer via YhLu.  Plus
connecting pins 2 & 3 of jumper J94 and connecting pins 1 & 2 of jumper
J95.  Pin 1 is the closest one to the board's nearest edge.

YhLu wrote:

>HW engineer said
>"on S2885, put jumper caps on J94 pin2 and pin3; J95 pin1 and pin2 to make
>HDT and MP HDT work.
> J94 and J95 are in middle of the area between bootable CPU memory modules
>and secondary CPU socket. the pin1 is the pin more close to the board edge
>and power connectors."

Thank you everyone for responding to my question.

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs <kfuchs at winternet.com>