PCI guru consultant needed

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Fri Oct 1 12:37:00 CEST 2004

Richard Smith wrote:
> Somehow the SDRAM inside the M1 chip is failing to initialize properly.
>  The video output has all the right VSYNC and HSYNC for the 800x600 mode
> I setup but a black screen and a large square block for the cursor.  If
> I exit X and try to write/read a value into video ram I get garbage
> back.  This works on the Ausu P2B.

Are you testing this on more than one proto?

Can you repeatedly read and write successfully to registers in the M1?
Is sounds like you are having some success, since you have some display
output.

Is there a PCI slot on the board or at least PCI test headers for all
signals?

How do you know that the SDRAM is good inside the M1? I don't have the
M1 data sheet, but I bet the SDRAM and the GPU are separate die mounted
in the same package.

-Bari