Testbios help with nvidia 6800Gt and simple how to

Dave Aubin daubin at actuality-systems.com
Tue Oct 5 08:45:00 CEST 2004

  I'm trying to get an nvidia 6800 Gt video card to work with linuxbios,
I am coming up short.  Below is a mini how to with test bios and I did
the steps, but it still doesn't work.  Can someone please help me?
  I did the exact same steps with an nvidia5950 and it worked great.
Is there something I am missing?
Simple Test Bios How to.
Purpose:  Testbios provides an i386 emulator for programming the video
How to:  First you need to retrieve the video bios from a machine booted
with a commercial bios running linux.  Then once that is done you can
execute the bios by using testbios.
How to retrieve video bios
1.  Boot up machine with commercial bios in to a linux environment
2.  dd if=/dev/mem of=vgabios.bin skip=1536 count=128 from a terminal
    A.  This copies the video bios out of /dev/mem and places it in
How to execute testbios
1.  Boot up machine with Linuxbios in to a linux environment
2.  run testbios --abseg /dev/mem -s 65536 /root/vgabios.bin
    A.  If working you should see the video bios welcome message on the